Put your faith in Jesus Christ! People have lots of ideas about what makes you a Christian. Some folks think belonging to a church makes you a Christian; others think that being a Christian is about being a good person.
Rather than relying on what people think, let’s listen to Jesus. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
According to Jesus, you become a Christian the day you put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
— There are Three Important Things To Do:
1) Admit: Do you admit that you have sinned, and your best efforts are not enough to save you?
- All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
2) Believe: Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead for your salvation?
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved. Acts 16:31
3) Commit: Are you willing to commit your whole life to Jesus Christ?
- Turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24
— Pray For Forgiveness
Almighty God, I sincerely repent of my sins. I believe that Jesus died for me, and rose again for my eternal life. I open my heart and invite Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. Fill me with Your Spirit and teach me to walk with You. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
— What’s Next?
1) Read your Bible and talk to God in prayer every day.
2) Get connected in a Bible believing church every Sunday.
3) Find some friends that can helpyou grow as a Christian.